COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Please do not copy, reproduce, email or digitally download any artwork, text and photos posted on this blog. All images and content posted on this website are protected under the U.S. and International copyright laws. No portion of the artist's work or statements may be duplicated, altered, downloaded or reproduced in any way without prior written permission from the individual artist. Thank you.

Monday, June 29, 2009

MORE LOVE FOR POLKA DOTS

I knew I was going to see more polka dots! I bought this little cute table at a garage sale a month or so ago for $2! Sturdy is what I look for.. no wobbles. So this morning I decided to do a big daisy design after I painted the table a lovely mango red orange. This is the color I want to paint our kitchen/breakfast nook.. someday.. when I have time.... you know....

I did the daisy out of dictionary pages with a golden yellow fabric for the center.. then decided to add the turquoise dots... and then the spirals. I added little Love taglines for interest and xoxox's around the edge of the lower shelf.. I love it.. would love to keep it for myself, but this will go into tomorrow's show.

I love painting pieces like this. Have 3 simple wooden barstools that I want to paint. Doing this project this morning reminded me how much I love to paint on furniture. Will have to keep my eyes open at yard sales and thrift shops for small pieces I can do more of this on.. I also love to paint on wooden children chairs. Have done some really fun ones and would love to do more.

My computer needs a cleanup so I have unplug and drop off the ailing baby for the "boys" to do their miracle work on. I am really lost without my computer.. but know it's time for some overdue house cleaning for this little guy.

HAPPY MONDAY ___ taa for now.

No comments: