COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Please do not copy, reproduce, email or digitally download any artwork, text and photos posted on this blog. All images and content posted on this website are protected under the U.S. and International copyright laws. No portion of the artist's work or statements may be duplicated, altered, downloaded or reproduced in any way without prior written permission from the individual artist. Thank you.

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

GRATEFUL SOUP


It's a cloudy day.. mild temps and when I ran upstairs to fix a bite, SOUP called to me. I am not so crazy about canned soup... it's just so blah.
So I started reaching into the cupboard and created this de-lish soup.. in about 10 minutes!
It's yummy and so I thought this will be my ART for the day! Here's my "recipe" I call it Grateful Soup! (grateful not to just eat plain ole blah canned soup- POBCS!)
ONE CAN OF EA:
*PINTO BEANS, rinsed. you could also use black beans,etc whatever you have on hand
*GREEN CHILI ENCHILADA SAUCE
*DICED TOMATOES - FIRE ROASTED
*CAMPBELL'S CHEDDAR CHEESE SOUP
okay. so just dump all this into your soup pot..stir and then add a can of * CHICKEN BROTH.
Then you add a package of lean smoked *TURKEY SAUSAGE, sliced, and then 1/2 bag of green giant *FROZEN VEGGIES (I used broccoli, carrots and cauliflower in a cheese sauce).
For spices I grabbed some *CUMIN, *CHILI POWDER & *MRS DASH EXTRA SPICY SEASONING BLEND. season to your taste...
Lastly I chopped up a big handful of fresh *CILANTRO and *6 GREEN ONIONS (using about 1/2 of the stems)... and tossed that in... I like having the cilantro and green onions fresh... When I reheat this tonight for our dinner, I will toss in some more fresh cilantro. You could also use cooked chicken.. that would be great too.
It's yummy soup..quick and easy and mucho better than POBCS. A nice salad and dinner's ready tonight.. hey! more time for art!
I love summer, but when it's really hot, soup doesn't sound good. So with a cool cloudy day, it's nice to take advantage of the day, and make a quick hot soup.. LOVE IT! Ya make the most of what the day brings ya!!!
ta-da!

No comments: