COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Please do not copy, reproduce, email or digitally download any artwork, text and photos posted on this blog. All images and content posted on this website are protected under the U.S. and International copyright laws. No portion of the artist's work or statements may be duplicated, altered, downloaded or reproduced in any way without prior written permission from the individual artist. Thank you.

Friday, June 26, 2009

TWO BIRDS WITH POLKA DOTS AND BUTTONS


POLKA DOT * BUTTON FUN!




Sometimes, it's great to just play. And that is what I did this morning... I had these little shadow boxes that I bought at the thrift shop ( one of my favorite "art" material source ) and knew they would be a good art base to work from. Dictionary pages for the inner walls, a small aluminum mold perfect for the base to fill with shredded mail order catalog pgs. Soaking these shreds in the Mod Podge/water mix is super messy and drippy and tons of FUN, but great to fill, and arrange then when it dries, it's very stiff and permanent. I sewed the two muslin birds last night watching TV (couch art!) and they are happy now in their new groovy digs. And adding buttons and polka dots is just the very essence of fun... I have always loved both.

Might have to polka dot something else today... maybe my door to my studio.. it's looking a little neglected this morning.
Happy Polka Dot Day to you, ta

No comments: