COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Please do not copy, reproduce, email or digitally download any artwork, text and photos posted on this blog. All images and content posted on this website are protected under the U.S. and International copyright laws. No portion of the artist's work or statements may be duplicated, altered, downloaded or reproduced in any way without prior written permission from the individual artist. Thank you.

Monday, June 22, 2009

CREATING THE BRANCHES




I am working on the tree branches for this art piece. Using rolled up magazine paper, I have made rolled short tubes (sometimes called paper beads) and then applied them to create bark like texture. I like the different colors and am able to make twigs coming off the main branch. More to do, but wanted to post my progress.
My soppy wet lady is nearly dry! I expected that to take a few more days but thanks to the dry climate, she is really hardening nicely.
Next I will work on the leaves for the branches. Have a cool idea for those. This piece is really so much fun. I am pushing the creative ideas for recycled things to use for the collage. I might even run to the recycle center today and look through their stockpile!
And it's a glorious SUNSHINE day! Yippiee!!! Have ART to do, ORDERS to do for Lunar, and more CHERRIES to pick!
yummy

No comments: