COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Please do not copy, reproduce, email or digitally download any artwork, text and photos posted on this blog. All images and content posted on this website are protected under the U.S. and International copyright laws. No portion of the artist's work or statements may be duplicated, altered, downloaded or reproduced in any way without prior written permission from the individual artist. Thank you.

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

HANGIN' WITH A WILD HAIR GAL

I found this cool old wallpaper brush at our local thrift shop and knew right away what I wanted to do with it. I funked up the hair by lightly heating it with my heat gun. Enough to make the bristles start to curl and kink. The entire brush got thicker and wilder.. perfect. Then I painted her face and neck. I have several ideas how to finish her. Or she might be done.. the less is better thing. But today I will let her hang with me in the studio and let her tell me what she wants.



Here's a wooden wall plaque I painted and SOLD last night at our local downtown market.
It's a thick piece of wood that had been painted and missing hooks. Found it at a 2nd hand shop for cheap. I bought two new hooks to screw on, and then painted the fun colors and made the white dictionary page daisies. I added the words Enlighten, Encourage and Enjoy for fun.
It was one the first pieces that sold as I was setting up my art. That is definitely Encouraging!
I did pretty well, and in fact, have been invited to come back next Tuesday. I think I am going to do it. Nice way to make some extra money!
Now I am looking for more of these old wallpaper brushes!
ta









No comments: