COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Please do not copy, reproduce, email or digitally download any artwork, text and photos posted on this blog. All images and content posted on this website are protected under the U.S. and International copyright laws. No portion of the artist's work or statements may be duplicated, altered, downloaded or reproduced in any way without prior written permission from the individual artist. Thank you.

Saturday, July 11, 2009

GARDEN SKY KITTY


I found this wooden cat at the thrift shop. He was painted calico browns and golds and missing most of his whiskers. He looked really sad to me. So a rescue was needed. Home he came and sat on my studio desk for a few days. Then I got an email from a good friend of mine who had lost one of her best kitties.
:( I sooo know the sadness.
It's heartbreaking. Perhaps the thoughts of kitties in heaven brought my creative idea into making this cat a sky kitty. So he has now become one with nature. As have all our sweet animal friends who have passed. I know my Sadie is up there romping in the meadows. And Jabber, Sammy, and old sweet Snuggles. I miss them all. I still tear up thinking about all the loyal love they gave so abundantly. Humans should learn from this selfless kind of loving.
It is a beautiful, BEAUTIFUL summer morning, and we are going to get out and enjoy nature today. The heck with house cleaning, chores, etc. Let's go play outside before summer is gone! Pack a picnic, jump in the jeep with Marley and go explore the mountains. yippieee!!!! Let's be one with nature!
ta

No comments: