COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Please do not copy, reproduce, email or digitally download any artwork, text and photos posted on this blog. All images and content posted on this website are protected under the U.S. and International copyright laws. No portion of the artist's work or statements may be duplicated, altered, downloaded or reproduced in any way without prior written permission from the individual artist. Thank you.

Friday, July 10, 2009

HOUSES FULL OF WISDOM


My whimsical houses with thoughtful words....

These were created with upcycled printed canvases gessoed over then painted. The roofs are corrugated cardboard dry brushed with white paint. I made the hearts out of paper coasters that had a black and white print which I stamped over using black ink with a pattern stamp. The butterfly wings I found in a children's book. I also used the corrugated cardboard for the windows. All of the materials I used were recycled. Creating art of what I have on hand.
As my Grandmother used to say: use it up or wear it out. She was recycling before
the word was even born.

I love these houses.. and will put the originals in the local market next Tuesday. I also scanned these and will make them into greeting cards. Three in a set. Fun!
ta..have a wonderful weekend!




No comments: