COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Please do not copy, reproduce, email or digitally download any artwork, text and photos posted on this blog. All images and content posted on this website are protected under the U.S. and International copyright laws. No portion of the artist's work or statements may be duplicated, altered, downloaded or reproduced in any way without prior written permission from the individual artist. Thank you.

Monday, May 11, 2009

LOVE GROWS HERE

With my garden calling me to come out and play, I am thinking of all the flowers that I am so anxious to plant. So here comes my garden muse
stepping in to remind me she is patiently waiting for me and the warm rocky mountain weather to descend on us. We get so itchy to plant this time of year, but experience tells us to wait till the end of May. It's really tough because it's so warm and lovely out and the threat of a hard frost seems so remote. But just when you test this, your tender new plants will get zapped. So patience is called for.

Her wings are terra cotta shards from a broken flower pot and the old water faucet handle with an old door handle plaque makes the angel complete with her whimsical glass slippers. The stems of the flowers are cut strips from an old rusty measuring tape.

It is always such FUN doing assemblage in mixed media. Re-purposing found objects has always been a real source of joy for me. It's magic when you slip into some creative playtime. I have done this kind of art before, but usually the old rusty finds are incorporated with earth tone colors. This time I used old with colorful colors and I like the results. Bright colors are so cheery and cheery is good now.

This will go into the line up for our local show for Wild Women.
ta

No comments: