COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Please do not copy, reproduce, email or digitally download any artwork, text and photos posted on this blog. All images and content posted on this website are protected under the U.S. and International copyright laws. No portion of the artist's work or statements may be duplicated, altered, downloaded or reproduced in any way without prior written permission from the individual artist. Thank you.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

HOPE




This is a self portrait of sorts.. About my feelings about my Self. There is a beautiful song titled "The Color of Roses" by Beth Nielsen Chapman. The line I love most says: "Life gives us magic and life brings us tragedy Everyone suffers some loss Still we have faith in it Childlike hope." The first time I heard those words in Beth's song, I burst out crying. It was shortly after my dad's death.

Sometimes in the night, I dream of straining to overcome some obstacle. We all have those dreams. Nothing is going right, we feel weighed down with the hurtles ahead. I know when I have those kinds of dreams, I am stressing about something. My dreams tell me to pay attention.



But when the sun comes up the next morning, as it always does, I feel the hope rise within me and I reach for a sense of calm and knowing that all will be well. You can't see the writing with this photo, but I used Beth's words on the door. This is my mantra that I hold onto within my own being. I used the symbol of the house to represent my own Soul. Things can come and go and my windows to the world show me life's mystery. But I know I reside within my own sanctuary. My knowing protects me and keeps my house in order.


So here's to HOPE. Always hold tight. Ta

note: I found this "canvas" in a dumpster.. I was driving around the back of some business buildings with my husband, and spotted it sticking out of the trash. I stopped, backed up and jumped out to pull it out. I realized it was the wooden seat to an old bar stool. My husband snickered at me, but I was tickled to find a "canvas" perfect for painting on. Upcycled Art, saving the planet one discarded piece of trash at a time! YES! The closeup shows the multiple layers I used. The background has various papers collaged then painted over. I painted her face and for her hair I used torn fabric and dictionary page strips. I also collaged thread into her hair. The colors of the closeup are truer than the photo.

No comments: