COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Please do not copy, reproduce, email or digitally download any artwork, text and photos posted on this blog. All images and content posted on this website are protected under the U.S. and International copyright laws. No portion of the artist's work or statements may be duplicated, altered, downloaded or reproduced in any way without prior written permission from the individual artist. Thank you.

Thursday, May 14, 2009

LILACS FOR STEPHANIE

These are for my daughter Stephanie. Living in Hawaii and even surrounded by all the tropical splendor there, she longs for the spring lilacs. I remember when I lived there, I too, missed these beautiful sweet blooms. We have six huge bushes, nearly trees really, some white and some lavender. In the morning when I go out early to get the paper, the smell of those lilacs envelops me. It's breath taking..
I missed peaches when I lived in Hawaii years ago. I had the mangoes and papayas of course, but those wonderful Colorado local peaches, I would just drool for. You could buy peaches, but they were just pitiful compared to the really fresh local kind.
I love summer most of all. The fresh produce, the abundance of flowers, the lovely warm weather; it's all heavenly. We are sleeping with our windows wide open which I love. All the wonderful fresh air.
So here's to Stephanie... sorry I can't post the wonderful sweet smell along with the picture.
Best I can do for you.
hugs

No comments: