COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Please do not copy, reproduce, email or digitally download any artwork, text and photos posted on this blog. All images and content posted on this website are protected under the U.S. and International copyright laws. No portion of the artist's work or statements may be duplicated, altered, downloaded or reproduced in any way without prior written permission from the individual artist. Thank you.

Monday, November 16, 2009

DADA WHO?


The last of my dada's in a series of 8 for Small Wonders at the Aspen Chapel..  I found the cool old match tin at a used store and knew it would be a great body for a dada.  The owl just came in on her own.  I used a rusty tin lid for the head, spotted the old barbwire and liked how it flowed off her head.  Next the eyes, old lens from a camera, and an old gear wheel.  (I always grab cheap or free cameras at yard sales to get these kind of parts.)  And into my vision of junk, I spotted an old ink pen nib (?)  and so appeared the owl.  So next? Why wings of course.  Those I cut from an old coffee can.  Now feet, hmmm.. ahhh perfect... old caster wheels!  I have a box of those so I chose the smallest ones I had.  The empty slot for a nest and a touch of whimsey, a wooden red heart.


See the arrow I drew for you?   I love this embedded rock in the barbwire!  Found this piece of wire on the road.  Just a fun little happening.

ta

ps link to Aspen Daily News about the Aspen Chapel  Small Wonders Show
      an article about the show.. though I am "renamed" LANDA DRAKE..
      sheeshhh..  I did add the correction below their article.

No comments: