COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Please do not copy, reproduce, email or digitally download any artwork, text and photos posted on this blog. All images and content posted on this website are protected under the U.S. and International copyright laws. No portion of the artist's work or statements may be duplicated, altered, downloaded or reproduced in any way without prior written permission from the individual artist. Thank you.

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

ART JACKET





(Click on pics to enlarge to see more details)


My ART jacket.  I wore this to the opening for the Aspen Chapel Gallery's Small Wonders show.  It's a jean jacket that I worked on several years ago for the DAY of the DEAD art show at the Carbondale Council on Arts and Humanities.   This was a labor of love, very time consuming, and is a work in progress.  I appliqued, painted, beaded, stamped and embroidered a lot of images.  Frida Kahlo adores the back with her quote "I paint my own reality" along with some Loteria game cards that I turned into cloth transfers.   I did a large Tree of Life on the left side with my alter ego blackbird.  In the branches of the tree I sewed on lots of Milagros, with various beads.  Each leaf was cut from fabric and appiqued on.




The tree was dictionary pages that I transferred onto fabric then cut out and appliqued onto the jacket.


The sleeves were stamped with  journaling about my personal Art Journey. 
I still want to line the jacket, at some point.  Looking for the perfect print....  I wear this to some art openings and always get fun comments.  I don't do a lot of embroidering any more, but I used to do a great deal of it.  It is a great way to  spend an evening watching an old movie and stitching away.
(Someone asked me how I wash this jacket!  Well, I haven't and probably never will! I figure if I
would get a stain somewhere, I could just embroider over it!  Besides, I don't wear it very often.) 

ta

No comments: