COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Please do not copy, reproduce, email or digitally download any artwork, text and photos posted on this blog. All images and content posted on this website are protected under the U.S. and International copyright laws. No portion of the artist's work or statements may be duplicated, altered, downloaded or reproduced in any way without prior written permission from the individual artist. Thank you.

Thursday, August 13, 2009

TANGLED THOUGHTS

"TANGLED THOUGHTS CATCH AND SNAGS HER ATTENTION @ 2:22A.M."
18 X18 finished mixed media
side view

closeup of face


closeup of house

This has been my habit. I wake many nights at exactly 2:22 a.m. and start thinking.
Many things, work, worries, list of to do's, etc. This has been a long time thing for me.
Why 2:22 a.m.? After a lot of wondering, I finally found the answer. And that
really helped me. I don't seem to wake up at that exact time as much, but it still happens.
But now instead of worrying about it, I embrace it. It's the Divine reassuring me that she is listening.
222
"Trust that everything is working out exactly as it's supposed to, with Divine blessings
for everyone involved. Let go and have faith."
from "Angel Numbers 101" by Doreen Virtue
A note about this art.
I initially thought I would paint over the background.. this has been my usual method. But,
after I finished the background collage with all it's colorful elements, I really liked the
bold colors. They made me feel good. I had no clue what was going to happen
with the image, but allowed the background to speak to me. And she appeared as
did the house. I have an upcoming invitation to be in an art show called "Loose Ends"
about how things in your life need to be dealt with. those loose ends that need your attention.
So, I have been saving the threads, strings,
and fabric bits for this art, how ever I was going to use it.
I like working with no plan. Staying with the muse and not in the "brain" process.
It puts soul in your work.
I am happy with the piece. I had not planned on working on it most of yesterday. But
I was having technique problems with my equipment and the tech worked on it
all morning. It is still not fixed, so he is coming back today. Rather than jump into the
pit of worry, I decided to take advantage of the work down time, and do my art.
It was an unexpected gift from the Divine.
I am thankful and grateful.
ta




No comments: