COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Please do not copy, reproduce, email or digitally download any artwork, text and photos posted on this blog. All images and content posted on this website are protected under the U.S. and International copyright laws. No portion of the artist's work or statements may be duplicated, altered, downloaded or reproduced in any way without prior written permission from the individual artist. Thank you.

Friday, August 14, 2009

MY SURPRISE GIFT




This is one of the many reasons I so love my husband. He came home last night and announced
he had a present for me. He then went out to his work truck and came back in smiling with the branch in his hand holding it out for me. "It's a hummingbird's nest!"
Wow. It's so delicate and is entwined so beautifully within the crook of the branch. The leaves will eventually fall off and I will then use it for an art piece. I could make paper leaves, etc to replace the real leaves. I love taking found objects like this and turning them into art. But the
biggest gift of all? Dan knew I would love this. Better than dozens of roses, this is so special
to me. The uniqueness of it, plus that he thought of me.
I am looking forward to the weekend.. Sunday is saved as a big art day for me. I haven't really had one of those jammie days in a long time. I am overdue..
ta