COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Please do not copy, reproduce, email or digitally download any artwork, text and photos posted on this blog. All images and content posted on this website are protected under the U.S. and International copyright laws. No portion of the artist's work or statements may be duplicated, altered, downloaded or reproduced in any way without prior written permission from the individual artist. Thank you.

Monday, August 24, 2009

GOOD MORNING ART




NEW DAY. NEW YOU.


This is a painted, fabric collaged, mixed media piece I did on a tabletop ironing board. Because you know, I would rather do ART than IRON! I added 4 pegs to hang
things from. I will take this to the
Tuesday's market to see if it sells,
but if not, it looks great hanging
on the door to my laundry room! :)

I painted directly on the ironing board cover.. a canvas like feel and found it took the embellishments quite well. I used good ole gel medium, my trusty standby.

Surprising, even to me, I made the squares out of various pieces of fabric and machine stitched them to create a quilted look. What? me on a sewing machine? That is new for me.. But you know, it's a NEW DAY! NEW ME! or YOU>.....

But truly, I used to do a lot of sewing when the kids were little. Really when I got pregnant. I sewed all my maternity clothes! I lived in Hawaii and the buying selection was dismal. So I was motivated to learn how to sew. I had a neighbor who helped me learn. Then I made overalls for both kids. Loved it. Then, through the years, I find I rarely pull out the sewing machine unless I need to do some mending. So to rediscover this is a surprise...but anything for ART, right?
ta


edit: See where the fabric art quilted squares ended up in a new design @

No comments: