COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Please do not copy, reproduce, email or digitally download any artwork, text and photos posted on this blog. All images and content posted on this website are protected under the U.S. and International copyright laws. No portion of the artist's work or statements may be duplicated, altered, downloaded or reproduced in any way without prior written permission from the individual artist. Thank you.

Thursday, August 27, 2009

HEART SONG



This is a mixed media assemblage I created this morning. The background board I found at the dump. Yep. When my husband goes to the dump, I love to tag along and sometimes can score some cool stuff. I found this board in a pile of wood that appeared to be from an old house.

Her head is piece of strange scrap metal I found and have been saving for years. They had two holes punched in the metal which became her eyes. The body is another piece of scrap metal

that had a body shape when I picked it up somewhere, can't remember where. Her arms are a doll's arm on the right and a spring on the left. Her feet are from some old piece of metal I found up in the mtns.


Her hair is threads and twisted paper clip wires.

Her eyes glass with a rusty bottle cap pounded flat then cut to create the eyelashes.

Her lips a piece of thin copper cut, tinted and creased to create lips.


I used the words for one of my favorite songs by Jack Johnson title "HOPE"

which I love.
Like her? Yep, I do.

ta.






No comments: