COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Please do not copy, reproduce, email or digitally download any artwork, text and photos posted on this blog. All images and content posted on this website are protected under the U.S. and International copyright laws. No portion of the artist's work or statements may be duplicated, altered, downloaded or reproduced in any way without prior written permission from the individual artist. Thank you.

Monday, January 11, 2010

RECYCLED WOOL SAMPLE RUG


Here's a project that I have tucked in my closet for over 6 months~~~
I scored these really expensive highend 100% wool rug samples from my friend for CHEAP!  She had bought a big pile of them from a cool local home store and shared them with me.  I choose 9 of them keeping the colors complimentary and a nice mix of patterns.  These measure 12 inches square and I laboriously handstitched them together on the back edges yesterday afternoon.  I used a very strong upholstery thread with a wonderful large curved needle that was a real finger saver for this project.  It took me about 3 hours to stitch it by hand.  I just didn't think my sewing machine could handle the thickness, plus I wanted to control the connections.  I stitched heavily to create a secure bind.
I love recycle.  Look at this great rug idea.

  I thought it would fun to create a border of some heavy fabric around the outer edges, but that will have to wait for another day.  For now, it looks great as is.  Most of all, I love the look of the various patterns.. funky..  Plus the amazing quality of the wool rugs makes this piece even more great at such a FABULOUS price!  Ya gotta love a good score! 

I had to work on making the corners connect as good as I could given that the squares weren't perfect.  I sometimes had to try all 4 corners to find the best fit.  But here you can see the wonderful nap of the wool and cool colors.
   NOW I am happy to have checked off one of my long overdue projects of my list!
ta!

2 comments:

Deborah said...

Another brilliant creation from a wonderfully talented artist. I wish we lived closer together!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Spacify offers a wide selection of quality Wool Rugs to decorate your home