COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Please do not copy, reproduce, email or digitally download any artwork, text and photos posted on this blog. All images and content posted on this website are protected under the U.S. and International copyright laws. No portion of the artist's work or statements may be duplicated, altered, downloaded or reproduced in any way without prior written permission from the individual artist. Thank you.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

MORE CARDBOARD RECYLE ART


I found some lovely cardboard.  I know, that sounds funny.  But, I am a recycle artist at heart.  I love taking something that someone would normally discard, and re-invent it into art.  It makes my heart smile, it makes the planet smile and it is just a feel good way to create.  What made this cardboard great?   it's thick and it has a nice linear texture.  So when you apply paint with an old credit card, a nice linear pattern appears.
These are just in the beginning stages.  And I am not certain exactly where they are going.  I love to work
from the heart, not the mind, so I will trust these pieces will go on their own journey with a little help from me.
I started by cutting the shapes and actually stitching them together with my sewing machine using a zigzag stitch.  I loved the sound of the sewing machine needle punching through the cardboard!
 
And heartbreaking news this morning.  I am making cardboard houses and listening to the news from Haiti about the huge earthquake and the hundreds of casualities.  If only I could magically send these cardboard houses to that island to be transformed into actual houses.  If only.

NOW
I must get to work making a living. :)

No comments: