COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Please do not copy, reproduce, email or digitally download any artwork, text and photos posted on this blog. All images and content posted on this website are protected under the U.S. and International copyright laws. No portion of the artist's work or statements may be duplicated, altered, downloaded or reproduced in any way without prior written permission from the individual artist. Thank you.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

ART for NANCYE



I did this small art piece for a woman named Nancye.  I am a member of a delightful mixed media art NING group and we recently learned that one of our members/administrators of this group is undergoing cancer treatment and has surgery coming up.   I received a note from one of her fellow administrators about Nancye's cancer and she was asking if we could send her get well wishes.  I suggested we take it a step further and send her some healing mail art. So I worked on this piece this morning.  I used thick cardboard for the house shapes.  I cut 3 pieces from the cardboard and then machine zigzaged the pieces together.
I painted the house with greens and turquoise and white acrylic paint.  The roof and the sun are cut from
fabric.  The flowers are fabric sculpt using Mod Podge for stiffening and shaping.  The wings were those
gold cloth craft wings that I painted white and attached to the back of the cardboard house.  The heart of the
door is wood painted and embossed with a clear embossing.  I attached a hanger on the back so the piece is ready to hang.

And of course, I decided after I finished this piece, I could easily put the art on a nightshirt for Nancye.

So now she will have the original art plus a nice comfy nightshirt to enjoy wearing while she recovers from her surgery.  I hope this brightens her day and lightens her load. 

So NOW I have created a loving gift and will send it on to Nancye in Minnesota!  And if you are reading this, please say a little prayer for Nancye to heal!

ta

No comments: