COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Please do not copy, reproduce, email or digitally download any artwork, text and photos posted on this blog. All images and content posted on this website are protected under the U.S. and International copyright laws. No portion of the artist's work or statements may be duplicated, altered, downloaded or reproduced in any way without prior written permission from the individual artist. Thank you.

Sunday, March 14, 2010

WOODEN WOMEN

Found these wooden cut outs at the thrift store awhile back for maybe $3 for all of them...6 total.
They were all hinged together like someone was going to use them as  standup art.  I envisioned using them as women.  There are two cut out heads.. one tulip shaped and the other daisy.  So yesterday I started
painting on one and here's the results.
I covered the head with rusty metal.  Then decided to create wings and heart for her crown. 
The body I did the normal mixed media layering of paint using brushes, fingers, and stamps.  Each one has a stem and leaves routed into the wood which makes for nice texture.

I have to start working on a new body of work for the upcoming show in June for Wild Women.
It's that time of year again! Despite all that I have on my plate, I still can do a lot of art over the next few months.  Those early morning art hours will add up and if I am consistant, I can easily do it.

NOW
I will work on the next woman.
and it's 19 days till my girls arrive.
I am sooooo excited.  Truly.

No comments: