COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Please do not copy, reproduce, email or digitally download any artwork, text and photos posted on this blog. All images and content posted on this website are protected under the U.S. and International copyright laws. No portion of the artist's work or statements may be duplicated, altered, downloaded or reproduced in any way without prior written permission from the individual artist. Thank you.

Friday, January 7, 2011

LAUTHTER IS THE SUNSHINE IN A HOUSE

Another beautiful sunny day and I have spent my morning creating just for the JOY of art.
I had this wooden frame in my stockpile.. a find from the thrift shop.  I look for these flat wide wooden frames
that I can do art on.  I have been playing with the linoleum and did some cut out flowers, hearts and even a butterfly.  So I decided to create an assemblage of these shapes on this frame I had painted turquoise.
The words struck a cord in me.. a quote from William M. Thackeray. 
Though now that I google it, I am finding
"A good laugh is the sunshine in a house"
I printed the words on cardstock and temporarily mounted it
in the frame.
Because I am planning on stitching the words on cloth.
But for now, this will do till I get time to do the stitching.
Adddint the roof was an added last touch after I choose the words.
I think this will be a happy addition to our happy home.
so smile today.
and remember to
PAY IT FORWARD.

more on that later.
ta

No comments: