COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Please do not copy, reproduce, email or digitally download any artwork, text and photos posted on this blog. All images and content posted on this website are protected under the U.S. and International copyright laws. No portion of the artist's work or statements may be duplicated, altered, downloaded or reproduced in any way without prior written permission from the individual artist. Thank you.

Sunday, January 2, 2011

HEART WINGS

24 x 24 mixed media
titled
HEART WINGS


I used Starbuck cup sleeves to make her wings.
Her dress is painted paper collage.
I have used this method before but not as painterly as this attempt.
I think I am hooked. 
Really fun.

Birds were torn from painted dictionary pages.
I have about 6 dictionaries that I use for mixed media.
I find them at the thrift shop.
I especially like the kind of paper in dictionaries.
I used a pencil to outline some areas.
Kimberely brand #9xxB
works beautifully over paint.

These are painted linoleum squares.  Another fun experiement I tried. 
Linoleum cuts so easy to make any shape.
I have to find some more of this "medium"
I love it!

This piece will go into the upcoming show at the Glenwood Springs Art Center.  It was so great
to be back into doing art.  I have been so busy through December with orders.  It's really, really cold outside these past few days.  Single digit.  I am not a winter person, especially when it gets this terribly cold.
So doing art in the studio with my wood burning stove crackling softly in the back ground,
Marley laying peacefully at my feet, and mom reading while she's here visiting..  we have had a nice
time.  Life is Good.

New Year.
Thinking about what my new word for 2011 will be.
ta for now.

No comments: