COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Please do not copy, reproduce, email or digitally download any artwork, text and photos posted on this blog. All images and content posted on this website are protected under the U.S. and International copyright laws. No portion of the artist's work or statements may be duplicated, altered, downloaded or reproduced in any way without prior written permission from the individual artist. Thank you.

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

remembering Sadie


I finally started my painting I have wanted to do about Sadie. She was my sweet girl, a border collie. I adopted her over 7 years ago from the local shelter. She was the last dog I looked at that fateful day. When I took her to my studio for an afternoon visit, she plopped down on the floor and looked at me with such gratitude and love, I knew then she was mine.

For 7 years, Sadie was my pal. As she grew older, I knew her days were numbered. It broke my heart to think of losing her. I tried to cherish every moment with her. We had to put her down last August, one of my saddest days. There will always be a very tender spot in my heart for Sadie. And I am so happy that I can finally do a painting of her.

The canvas is large for me.. 2' x 3'. I did the tree using dictionary pages.. I love collaging with this kind of paper. I painted the tree but allowed the words to show through.. the aspen trees have such great texture. And since I love fall, I decided to make the leaves multi fall colors. I found some wonderful paisley fabric to mix in with the painted dictionary leaves.. and am really happy with the results. I even did the black branches with painted pages.. Next I will add Sadie. She will be happy on her walk with her tongue hanging out.. just as I imagine her in doggie heaven.

ta

No comments: