COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Please do not copy, reproduce, email or digitally download any artwork, text and photos posted on this blog. All images and content posted on this website are protected under the U.S. and International copyright laws. No portion of the artist's work or statements may be duplicated, altered, downloaded or reproduced in any way without prior written permission from the individual artist. Thank you.

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Hollyhocks with Marley

This may be done, or not. I am going to live with it for a few days. I love it mostly, though still working on the green shadow sections on the lower right. I am pleased with the birds, bird house and really happy with the way I captured Marley. He is always so curious about everything

and birds always stop him in his track. This is a fantasy garden, as I imagine my own hollyhock garden that I am planning to plant this spring in rememberance of Dad. He loved Hollyhocks among other flowers in his garden.

I did the post out of sheet music and the birds out of dictionary pages. The hollyhocks are cut from fabrics. I found a great source for scraps at our local quilt shop. They sell $5 bags of scraps that you can pick through and stuff in bags.. sandwich bags mind you, so I crammed as much as I possibly could. The orange fabric was from a pair of capris I found at the thrift shop and even used the fabric covered buttons from the capris to add into the painting. I liked the way the

patterns of the fabric created more interest and texture to the piece.

Here's a closer look:

I took a bunch of photos of Marley to get the perspective right for this painting. Trying to get him from the back looking up was a trick, but I finally managed it. I like the angle of him.. gives the painting a sense of curious and I like that energy in this piece.
hmmm.. will see if I go any further or not.
ta

No comments: