COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Please do not copy, reproduce, email or digitally download any artwork, text and photos posted on this blog. All images and content posted on this website are protected under the U.S. and International copyright laws. No portion of the artist's work or statements may be duplicated, altered, downloaded or reproduced in any way without prior written permission from the individual artist. Thank you.

Thursday, March 21, 2013

LOOK!
I made the front page of our wonderful local newspaper.
I did an art demo day at my good friend's adorable boutique Confetti Designs yesterday.
FIRST time for me.. to do art in public.  I made up my mind prior to doing it..
just do it.  Don't worry about what any  one would think.. just DO IT.
It was easy and FUN!   And I think people enjoyed seeing me sitting in my corner arting away! 
This is really a biggie for me by the way.. I have always felt really uncomfortable doing art with someone watching.  Well, I guess I finally conquered that yesterday!!!!  YIPPEEEE!


Here's how I prepped for my demo...
 I copied a bunch of color prints from my art journals to have a stash to
collage with.  I also brought an old dictionary to pull pages out of.. and I brought my cheap watercolor set
(shown in the paper photo above) because I didn't want to lug my acrylics.   A small squeeze bottle
of mat medium and a few paper plates. and a travel blow dryer completed my stash. Oh.. I also brought two pair of scissors.. one regular and one crimping.. though of course, I tore a lot.  And a set of alphabet stamps with black stamp pad and a four sided design stamp too plus a roll of paper towels and a bottle of water.  

  What I discovered while I was working yesterday, is after coloring the dictionary paper with watercolor, blowing it dry quickly with a little travel blow dryer, and then a light coat of mat medium over the watercolor which  then quickly sealed the paint so I could continue working without smearing the watercolor.  It worked perfectly!  Collaging then using my favorite pencil to outline and texture elements.. was really a fun process.  I liked using my own art  to pull images from rather than a magazine.. making my collage a lot more personal!  I was collaging on scrap cuts of wood from my neighborhood's cabinet shop (free) that I had prepainted for these demos.  By the late afternoon, I had done 3 of these and the last one I  had to resort to using cardboard with dictionary paper collaged on to create one more design.  

This morning I scanned one of the collages from yesterday and in photoshop did a bit more designing and added the words for a new design for Lunar Designs!  


To finish off the original art boards, I spray paint them with Krylon's Triple-Thick Crystal Clear Glaze.  
I spray it on thick and it gives it a really deep glaze.. a "bright, glass-like coating" as the can says.
Plus it dries in minutes.. which I love.  

And cripes.
It's snowing today.. off and on.
Just a typical SPRING thing here in our mountains.
Which makes me bury into my work and just avoid looking outdoors!
brrrrr...

ta for now!

No comments: