COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Please do not copy, reproduce, email or digitally download any artwork, text and photos posted on this blog. All images and content posted on this website are protected under the U.S. and International copyright laws. No portion of the artist's work or statements may be duplicated, altered, downloaded or reproduced in any way without prior written permission from the individual artist. Thank you.

Sunday, May 1, 2011

HE'S A WORKING DOG

yes, he is.
I had this in a local art show last month, and thankfully, he was not adopted by anyone and has come home to mama.  I had such a fun time making this piece.  I had found the aluminum lunch box months ago and
knew it would be a perfect find for some future art assemblage. 
woof... here he is.

His head is made from an old bird feeder that I had bought for my dad years ago.  It had fallen apart and
my father saved it in his collection of stuff.  I inherited back when Dad passed, and finally found
a perfect use for it.  The dog's ears are shoe tongues that I cut out of a pair of men's dress shoes.
The eyes are bottle caps attached by large pop rivets.  When I was riveting them on, I was holding my breath and praying that I wouldn't crack the wook with the pressure of the rivet gun.  PHEW!!!  No cracks.


The top of the bird feeder had this lovely top so it was attached creating a nice jaunty hat. The dog's tongue is cut from an old water bottle. The legs of course, are old carpenter folding rulers.  I love his profile.
Initially, I thought I would create a stand for him but he sits nicely on his belly and appears to be leaping
with JOY!  And now I am happy he is perched playfully here at home.  Sometimes it's nice to live with your creations.  He makes me smile!
                                              HAPPY SMILES TO YOU....  TA










No comments: