COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Please do not copy, reproduce, email or digitally download any artwork, text and photos posted on this blog. All images and content posted on this website are protected under the U.S. and International copyright laws. No portion of the artist's work or statements may be duplicated, altered, downloaded or reproduced in any way without prior written permission from the individual artist. Thank you.

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Miles and Miles... over 2000 later.. phew!!!!
It is sooooo good to be home. Lots of fun, family stuff, beach time, too much good food, not a lot of down time. Though I did manage to read Ken Follett's book "World Without End".. 1014 pages. Good read and I loved having the time to read. Life keeps me busy and I don't always have a lot of time for reading, one of my passions.

I didn't have a lot of time for art, did a little, but it was minimal. We had lots to see.. the wide open expanse of land driving through Texas. While I love the wide open feeling of space, I do miss my mountains. Padre Island was a nice beach, though incredibly windy. And I am not a big fan of wind. Was hoping to find more beach driftwood, but it was really sparse. I have several projects in mind using driftwood so will have to do some walks along our local rivers here at home.

We did see some great sand art.. This was a part of Sandfest held the weekend before we got there..so we were seeing the leftover art. All the vendors, crowds of people were gone.. so actually it was a nice time to see all the art. It was still roped off, though some had been tromped. Some really expert sculptures!
So today is unpacking, regrouping and then jumping back into work... vacations over!!!
Back to the real world. But it was fun while it lasted.
ta

No comments: