COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Please do not copy, reproduce, email or digitally download any artwork, text and photos posted on this blog. All images and content posted on this website are protected under the U.S. and International copyright laws. No portion of the artist's work or statements may be duplicated, altered, downloaded or reproduced in any way without prior written permission from the individual artist. Thank you.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

a new dawn


Sigh... A wave of gratitude and relief plus the heartfelt joy of a new dawning for our country, for our world. President Barack Obama, our new 44th president took over the reins and hopes
for us....with us. I watched the ceremonies, while painting my new piece titled "A Horse for Emalie"..
I was smiling, I was crying, I was cheering between brush strokes. And the art that came from me was filled with the hope for our country, for our generations to come. And for our children and grandchildren. God give us the strength to make it better for all.

I used poppies in this piece because I always so loved the poppie field in the Wizard of Oz. The joy of the field and the looming hopeful City of Oz for our beloved characters, Dorothy, the Lion, Tinman and Scarecrow. We are those bedraggled souls, looking towards the future with hopeful eyes. Today we step into the light after 8 years of darkness.
Here's my work for today...still have more to do on the painting. But mostly want to say... blessings to all of us on this day of renewal!

No comments: