COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Please do not copy, reproduce, email or digitally download any artwork, text and photos posted on this blog. All images and content posted on this website are protected under the U.S. and International copyright laws. No portion of the artist's work or statements may be duplicated, altered, downloaded or reproduced in any way without prior written permission from the individual artist. Thank you.

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A Horse For Emalie Final painting


This was a really very uplifting painting for me to do. I am finally coming out of my funk and dry spell from art. Thank God! This morning I added the blackbird, my alter persona. The horse is trotting happily along (Emalie) and I am flying overhead carrying the red ribbon. She is far away living in Hawaii, but I am always present in spirit with her.
Recently I learned about the good red road from another dear artist friend. The native American Indians believed in the red road of balance in life. He uses the red road image often in his paintings, and while I don't want to copy his use of the image, I wanted to acknowledge the knowing I have now. So only once I will use this.
tThanks, Renick. I have always known that balance is essential in our lives, and how easily it can be to lose. But having this red ribbon in my painting helps plant it forever. I someday would like to share this good red road story with my granddaughter Emalie.
It's a beautiful day here. The sky is that wonderful Colorado blue that fills your soul up
with color. I have a pile of work to tackle, but starting the day out doing art keeps me on the good red road. I have not been on that road for months and it is good to be back on track again. ta

No comments: