COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Please do not copy, reproduce, email or digitally download any artwork, text and photos posted on this blog. All images and content posted on this website are protected under the U.S. and International copyright laws. No portion of the artist's work or statements may be duplicated, altered, downloaded or reproduced in any way without prior written permission from the individual artist. Thank you.

Monday, September 21, 2009

WINTER'S GIFT


Finished this piece just as the weather has turned here in Colorado. BRRR~~~  We are expecting snow in the mtns today.  I am holding on to the notion that it will warm up again, and this is just a passing front.  But oh, the passing of summer always leaves me shivering and a little sad.  So into my art I focus on the beauty of snow and cold.  Trying to alter my mood.  Showing some of the progress here.
  Out of the background I found this girl walking in the woods with a nesting bird in her arms.  Polka dots
sparkling on her coat, her joy in nature and winter embraces her season.  As I am looking at the piece
here I see a heart that is calling out so I will have to bring it into the scene.
And there's the heart..  and I couldn't stop!  More small hearts in the branches and the bird is holding one in his beak.  I added some more details to the bird and now I think I am done.
ta

No comments: