COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Please do not copy, reproduce, email or digitally download any artwork, text and photos posted on this blog. All images and content posted on this website are protected under the U.S. and International copyright laws. No portion of the artist's work or statements may be duplicated, altered, downloaded or reproduced in any way without prior written permission from the individual artist. Thank you.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

3 CUPS OF COFFEE


3 Cups of Coffee
This is a fun piece I did using recycled products and items to create this art.  The birds, cups and heads are all made from recycled linoleum that I paint.  I am having lots of fun using this as an art medium.  I started this piece out by using an old kitchen cabinet door that I prepped and painted a nice red.  The red paint was from one of those on sale sample paint containers at Lowes.  I always pop by the paint sale table and see if there are any colors that I can pick up.  It's an economical way to buy paint.  I stenciled the numbers on in black and then added the elements of recycled linoleum art.  I decided it needed a fun border, so I started out with white polka dot,s which led to red polka dots and then I added  circles cut from book pages.  Then to tie in the black birds I added the black painted stripes.  And then I decided I was done.
This will be one of the pieces that I put in the upcoming show in March at the CCAH gallery.
More to come.
ta

No comments: