COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Please do not copy, reproduce, email or digitally download any artwork, text and photos posted on this blog. All images and content posted on this website are protected under the U.S. and International copyright laws. No portion of the artist's work or statements may be duplicated, altered, downloaded or reproduced in any way without prior written permission from the individual artist. Thank you.

Thursday, February 17, 2011

TWO FRIENDS: FRICK AND FRACK

FRICK

FRACK
They live on the same block and pal around all the time.
You just never see one without the other.  Co-dependency at it's best.
one.  two.
Finding "hair" for my characters keeps me on constant watch.
I have been known to slowly wander the hardware store with my artist antenne full on.
You just never know what you will find.  Ditto at the thrift shops.  We have some great
thrift shops here locally, but sometimes their selctions are too "nice".  I lean toward the
more junk elite kind of stuff.  Free piles are often a good score place for electic finds.
And till the yard sales start up again this summer, I am kind of limited for sources.

I will tell you what I used for the tall spikey hair.  That one is compliments of my husband.
While he has been known to bring me home flowers, often, he will bring home great finds
that he knows will light up my life.  That black spikey stuff?  It's from a huge bristle brush
that you see attached to buses..to keep the gunk from spraying out as the wheels whip down the road.
Sort of a curtain of bristles.  I have one that obviously dropped off the bus and my sweet honey picked it up and brought it home to me. 
How wonderful is he?
The small spikes on the other one, is hair pins.  In case you were wondering!

PIF
If you spot something totally wild and cool, remember the kooky artist in your life.
ta for now.

No comments: