COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Please do not copy, reproduce, email or digitally download any artwork, text and photos posted on this blog. All images and content posted on this website are protected under the U.S. and International copyright laws. No portion of the artist's work or statements may be duplicated, altered, downloaded or reproduced in any way without prior written permission from the individual artist. Thank you.

Monday, July 19, 2010

PIE OH MY


Pie to me is heaven and was always made with loving hands by my grandmother or my mom.
I am carrying on the tradition of making FABULOUS pies.  The pie crust has to be homemade.  Always.
The filing -- as much as you can possibly put into the pie..  Then the long awaited ding of the timer, and out of the oven comes your work of art.  As soon as it's cool enough to eat, you cut that first piece, letting the smell
curl up and make mouth's water.  Apple, cherry, peach... I love them all.  Rhubarb with strawberries.
Lemon Meringue is my favorite on a hot summer day.
And my grandmother used to make the best BEST mincemeat pie.  All from scratch.  Her mincemeat was made in her kitchen, canned and put up for future pies.  The mincemeat you buy in stores now is horrible sweet stuff.. nothing like the mincemeat my grandmother used to make.  I have her receipe and I swear someday I will can some for my own pies. 
So here's to all us pie lovers.
NOW
I am inspired to make a pie!!!!

No comments: