COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Please do not copy, reproduce, email or digitally download any artwork, text and photos posted on this blog. All images and content posted on this website are protected under the U.S. and International copyright laws. No portion of the artist's work or statements may be duplicated, altered, downloaded or reproduced in any way without prior written permission from the individual artist. Thank you.

Monday, May 4, 2009

recycled art for mamas


I collect those cardboard coasters that they hand out at restaurants and bars. I love all the shapes and they are so much fun to use in my art. I started out by randomly applying masking tape to create some nice texture. Then I painted a base coat of acrylic paint. Next I cut out three bird shapes out of fabric and collaged them onto the coasters. Then the painted dictionary page wings and the words were also applied using gel medium. I then outlined the birds with a black watercolor pencil and then paint.
The edges of the coasters I highlighted using my oil pastel crayons. These are great because you can rub the pastel to blend it.. a little water will make the blending work even easier. The
polka dots next... plus the eyes and done! All it needed was the fabric strips to hang the art.
I love to create a unique greeting card that can be enjoyed as art past the original intention. And always upcycling makes it even more rewarding.
ta

No comments: