COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Please do not copy, reproduce, email or digitally download any artwork, text and photos posted on this blog. All images and content posted on this website are protected under the U.S. and International copyright laws. No portion of the artist's work or statements may be duplicated, altered, downloaded or reproduced in any way without prior written permission from the individual artist. Thank you.

Thursday, March 5, 2009

new listings on Etsy

I just listed these two girls on Etsy. I created both of these out of recycled fan blades. They
were a kick to make. I used my pop rivet gun to assemble them. I love using this tool. It makes the assembling so easy and strong. The arms were from an old hummingbird feeder! I am always on the lookout at the thrift store for elements that I can use in my assemblage. It is a great lesson in creative thinking when you go to the thrift shop looking precisely for parts for re-purposing. Sometimes the un-assembling of an item can be really challenging and I have to resort to asking my husband to help. Thankfully he is great at doing it. I loved using these old
fan blades, and want to make more art dolls from them.



These have been hanging over our fireplace but I have decided they are ready to fly to new homes. Selling my art sometimes makes me sad to let something I love go, but it always clears up space for new art. So I have learned to focus on what's next.

I want to do some art dolls using smashed spray cans. These are found
occasionally on my walks. They are
not readily available so when I spot one, I get really excited. Rusty and
flat, they are great for assemblage.
I have made several fish out of these but want to make some art dolls out of them.

My camera was on the fritz so it's been awhile since I have been able to post photos. I just got it back all repaired and am thrilled it's working again. We are going to Hawaii in a few weeks for a 12 day visit to my daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter.. yippieee.. I am very excited. I am always soooo inspired by the islands and would love to plant myself there as an artist, it's so rich with tropical colors.

off to do my orders.. ta




No comments: