COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Please do not copy, reproduce, email or digitally download any artwork, text and photos posted on this blog. All images and content posted on this website are protected under the U.S. and International copyright laws. No portion of the artist's work or statements may be duplicated, altered, downloaded or reproduced in any way without prior written permission from the individual artist. Thank you.

Sunday, January 11, 2009



This is Marley. I did a protrait of him this morning. He is such a joy in our lives. We adopted him right before Dad passed away. In fact, Sadie directed me to go to the adoption center and despite all I had going on with moving, etc., Marley is a jewel of a dog. He is happy and so I painted lots of happy flowers around him. It is snowing today, and the spring flowers are really a cheery escape for me.

I am hoping someday mom will adopt a cat. She is needing the companionship of a pet. She says she will, but has to get things in order first. Not like me, who jumps into the spirit of a dog or cat. I just really believe having pets in our lives is so enriching and rewarding. I cannot imagine a life without pets.

Yesterday we went to see mom. She is having the family room painted and we helped her clear out the room for the painter. She had a pile of dad's books that she was getting rid of, and I took a pile home with me.

One was a diary book that my grandfather started in 1972 when he was 69 years old. He wrote in it till his death on June 29th, 1974. There is not a lot of information. A line, sometimes 2 lines, of the happenings. Notes on the weather, or where they happened to go for drives. Like: " April 23-72 Went up on Sowbelly Ridge to look for dinosaur bone. Found some, warm-dry." Then after his death, my grandmother takes over with her entries. They are more informative and wordy but still short. I haven't read through them all yet, but it is really a treasure to read their words. A bit of legacy passed on. I am really honored to have this. What makes it more interesting is the book he used is an actual account book. Used what he had which is the way they lived.

ta for now

No comments: